打印本文 打印本文 关闭窗口 关闭窗口
李阳疯狂英语 突破对话MP3第68课在线学习Lesson68
作者:未知  文章来源:互联网  点击数  更新时间:2008-09-26 21:26:29  文章录入:admin  责任编辑:admin

Lesson68

8、 First Day at a New Job
上班第一天

(1)Making an Introduction 介绍
A:Hi, I’m Cindy Jones. And you must be Tom.
你好,我叫辛迪•琼斯。你一定是汤姆。

B:Yes, Tom Smith. Nice to meet you.
是的,我是汤姆•史密斯。很高兴认识你。

A:Let me introduce you to everyone. Kim, I’d like you to meet our new colleague.
让我来给你介绍一下。金姆,来见一下我们的新同事。

C:Oh, hello, I’m Kim Lee. Good to meet you.
你好,我叫金姆•李。很高兴认识你。

B:Hi, I’m Tom Smith.
你好,我叫汤姆•史密斯。

C:Where will you be working?
你在哪个部门上班?

B:In the international sales division.
在国际销售部。

C:Oh, right next door. We’ll be seeing a lot of each other then. Let’s have lunch some time.
噢,就在隔壁。那我们会经常碰面的。有时间我们一起吃午饭吧。

B:That sounds great.
那好呀。

A:Let me introduce you to Jim now. He’s the manager of our division.
现在让我给你介绍一下吉姆,他是我们部门的经理。

D:Hey, you must be Tom. We’ve been expecting you. I’m Jim Miller.
你好,你一定是汤姆了,我们一直在等你呢。我的名字叫吉姆•米乐。

B:Nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你。

D:Welcome aboard. We’re like a big family here. If you need anything just ask.
欢迎你加入我们的行列。我们这里就像一个大家庭,如果你有什么事尽管开口。

B: Thanks for the warm welcome.
谢谢大家的热情欢迎。

(2)New Job 新工作的开始

A:So, how was traffic this morning?
今天早上的交通怎么样?

B:Not bad at all. It took me only twenty minutes to get here. By the way, I was wondering about my hours. I arrived here at 9:00 today. Would it be better if I came earlier?
不算太坏。我只用了20分钟就到了这里。顺便问一下,我还不知道我们的工作时间呢。我今天9点到的。是不是要提早一点呢?

A:Yes. Would you mind getting here around 8:30? We usually have our managers meeting at 9:00.
是的。八点半左右来你不会介意吧。我们通常在9点钟召开经理会。

B:No problem. And when do you usually leave, 5:00?
没问题。你通常什么时候离开,五点?

A:Well, we usually leave when the work’s done. Sometimes that’s 6:00 or even later. Let’s play it by ear.
通常是工作完成了,我们就离开。有时候到6点或更晚。咱们看着办吧。

B:Sure thing. And one more thing. Could you tell me how the telephone works?
那没问题。另外还有一件事,你能告诉我怎么使用电话吗?

A:Sure. Dial 9 for an outside line, and then the number you are calling. If you want to contact anyone in the office, just dial their extension.
当然可以。打外线时先拨9,然后再拨电话号码。如果是和公司里的人通话只要拨他们的分机号码就行了。

B:OK. Thanks for your help.
好。谢谢你的帮助。

额外成就感
办公室英语

manager 经理;管理人员
* I must find out what my manager wants me to do today.
我得弄清楚今天经理要让我做什么。
* I get along great with the new manager.
我跟新上任的经理相处很好。

division 部门;分区
* There are thirty people in my division. We all work on editing.
我们部门有30个人,都做编辑。
* I want to transfer to the customer service division.
我想调到客户服务部。

A: I work for IBM. 我在IBM工作。
B: What division do you work in? 你在哪个部门?

fax 传真
* No one mails letters today; everyone just sends faxes.
现在没有人写信了,如今个个都发传真。
* Could you fax me the details tomorrow morning?
你明天早上把详细情况给我传真过来好吗?

dial 电话拨号
* For long distance calls, dial 1 first.
打长途电话先拨1。
* I want to call America with this IP card. What do I have to dial first?
我想用这张IP卡打美国长途,我该先拨什么号?

超级短语

play it by ear 随机应变;看着办
* There are no set working hours; we’ll play it by ear.
我们没有规定的工作时间,看情况而定。
* I don’t have any special plans for the holiday. I’m just going to play it by ear.
我假期没什么安排。到时看着办。

打印本文 打印本文 关闭窗口 关闭窗口