打印本文 打印本文 关闭窗口 关闭窗口
李阳疯狂英语 突破对话MP3第63课在线学习Lesson63
作者:未知  文章来源:互联网  点击数  更新时间:2008-09-26 21:26:35  文章录入:admin  责任编辑:admin

Lesson63

3、Apartment Hunting
租房子

Kim’s Note:
This is a difficult but necessary task if you are going to be in America for a long time.

(1)Hunting for an Apartment 找房

A:Come on in, let me show you around. Here’s the living room. There are two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
请进,让我带你们先看看。这是起居室。有两间卧室和两个洗手间。

B:Great! The view from this window is wonderful.
太棒了!窗外的风景很美。

A:This is the kitchen.
这是厨房。

B:It looks new.
看起来很新。

A:Yes, we renovated just last year and replaced all the appliances.
是的,我们去年刚翻修过,而且更换了所有的器具。

B:Just look at all the closet space in the master bedroom!
看主卧室的壁厨空间多大呀!

A:Well, I’m sure you can fill these closets in no time!
我相信你很快就会把这些壁柜填满。

B:Oh come on, give me a break. I don’t have that much stuff.
快别这么说。我哪有那么多东西呀。

A:And here’s a bathroom.
这是洗手间。

B:What did you say the rent was?
你刚才说的房租是多少?

A;Fifteen hundred dollars a month.
一个月1500美元。

B:Does that include utilities?
包水电费吗?

A:It includes heat, gas, and hot water. Electricity and telephone are extra.
包暖气、煤气和热水。电和电话费另付。

B:When will the apartment be available?
什么时候可以搬进来?

A:On the first of the month.
月初。

B:We like it a lot, but we’ll have to think about it. Can we call you tomorrow?
我们很喜欢这套房子,但还得考虑一下。明天给你打电话好吗?

A:Sure. But don’t wait too long. I have other people who are interested in renting this place.
当然行了。但是别拖得太久。还有其他人看上了这房子。


(2)Renting an Apartment 租房

A:Hello, Mr. Jackson, this is Jim Johnson. I’m calling about the apartment we looked at yesterday. We’d like to take it, if it’s still available.
喂,杰克逊先生,我是吉姆•约翰逊。我打电话想跟你谈谈昨天我们看过的那套房子。如果还空着的话,我们想租下来。

B:Great!
那太好了!

A:So, what’s the next step?
那下一步做什么呢?

B:I’ll draw up a lease and send it to you. What I’ll need from you is one month’s rent as a security deposit, and the first month’s rent in advance.
我会把租约写好给你寄去。你要给我一个月的房租做保证金。另外预付第一个月的房租。

A:I’ll get the deposit back, won’t I?
保证金以后会退还给我对吗?

B:Of course, as long as the place is not damaged beyond the usual wear and tear when you move out.
当然了,只要你搬走时房间里除正常磨损以外没有别的损坏就行。

A:Great! Can I send you a check?
太好了!可以给你支票吗?

B:Sure, a check will be fine. Just send it along with the lease after you’ve signed it.
当然,支票可以。你在租约上签字后把支票一块寄来就行了。

A:Thanks!
谢谢。

额外成就感
租房用语
lease 租约
* You should read the lease carefully before you sign it.
你在租约上签字之前要先仔细阅读。
* Could I have the lease translated before I sign it?
在我签租约之前能不能让人先把它翻译一下?
* I want to have a lawyer look over this lease.
我要找个律师过目一下这份租约。

landlord 房东
* I have a really nice landlord.
我的房东人很不错。
* I’ve been trying to get a hold of my landlord for a week.
这个星期以来我一直在试着跟我的房东取得联系。

storage space 储藏室,储藏东西的地方
* I’m looking for an apartment with a lot of storage space.
我在找一个有很大储藏室的房子。
* Is there storage space in the building where I can keep my bike?
这栋楼里有没有地方可以放我的自行车?

laundry room 洗衣店
* Does this building have a laundry room?
这楼里有没有洗衣房?
* I forgot my wallet in the laundry room. I have to go back and get it.
我把钱包忘在洗衣房了。我得回去取。

wear and tear 磨损
* Don’t worry about it. A little wear and tear is to be expected.
别担心,一点点的磨损是免不了的。
* This is a sturdy model. It can take a lot of wear and tear.
这个模型很坚固,经得起磨损。

打印本文 打印本文 关闭窗口 关闭窗口