I would rather...than...
- 上一课
- 下一课
- 下载
- 报错
063. I would rather... than...
我宁可……也不愿……
[句型解析]
“would rather...than...”意为“我宁可……也不愿……”,表示在两者中,选择前者而舍弃后者。也常省略为“I'd rather...”。
[实例]
1. I would rather stay than leave.
我愿意留下来不想走。
2. He would rather work all day long than do nothing.
他宁愿整天忙碌而不愿无所事事。
3. The mother would rather die than lose her child.
那位母亲宁可自己死去也不愿失去孩子。
4. She’d rather resign than take part in such shameful business deals.
她宁愿辞职,也不愿参加这场可耻的交易。
[实战练习]
A: I'm desperate for money right now.
我目前急需钱。
B: What's the matter?
怎么了?
A: I don't have enough money to pay for my rent.
我没有足够的钱付房租。
B: Why don't you ask Kurt to loan you some money?
为什么不找科特借一些呢?
A: I'd rather dig trenches with a spoon than ask for his help.
我宁愿用勺子挖地道也不愿向他求助。
B: I wouldn't be so proud if I were you. Sounds to me you don't have much of a choice.
如果我是你我不会这么骄傲。听来好像你没有多少选择。