第十一招 失望的你
- 上一课
- 下一课
- 下载
- 报错
第十一招 失望的你
Disappointment
因为希望,所以才会失望。失望仿佛一杯苦咖啡,虽然不像快乐与满足那么甜美,但较之悲伤和痛苦,已是强得多了。品一品,没准还能咂摸出独特的清香呢!
Key Words
关键词
bad, disappointed, disappointing, disappointment, disgruntled, expect, hope, pity, regret, regrettable, shame, vain, wish
The Most Common Expressions
最常用表达法
What a pity! Everything went up in smoke.
真可惜!一切都灰飞烟灭了。
What a shame! All my efforts turned out to be in vain.
真是太糟糕了!我所有的努力都白费了。
I keep drawing a blank. That's a real let down.
我的希望一直落空,这真叫人失望。
That's the last thing I would expect.
那是我最不希望发生的事。
How disappointing! I expected it to be much better.
真令人失望!我原指望会比这个结果好得多。
Their suggestion wasn't that good.
他们的建议并不怎么样。
I'm disappointed in you. I wish you hadn't done that.
我对你很失望,我多希望你没有这么做。
Oh, dear! I was hoping for a chance to enjoy the opera.
哦,天哪!我原希望有机会欣赏这场歌剧的。
Too bad! He's not at all how I'd imagined.
太糟了!他完全不是我想象的那个样子。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:38〞]
The Informal Expressions
非正式场合表达法
It's a real pity. I was looking forward to it.
真的很遗憾,我原本对此抱有很大希望。
It's a shame that we couldn't go.
我们不能去,真倒霉。
Much to our chagrin, you've done it again.
令我们遗憾的是,你又这么做了。
Why do these photo-booth photos always come out so bad?
为什么这些快照相片都这么糟?
Okay, time for a cigarette. Oh, damn! It's no-smoking time.
好啦,该抽根烟了。哦,倒霉!现在是禁烟时间。
Uh-oh! They sent my resume back.
哎呀!他们把我的简历退回来了。
Oh, no! I failed! I thought I'd done well.
啊,糟了!我落榜了,我以为我做得不错。
I can't tell you how crushed I am by your decision to quit.
你要辞职,我真说不出有多失望。
The play wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The performance could have been better. I'm pretty disgruntled.
这出戏不如我预想的那么好,表演本可以更精彩的,我非常不满意。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:43〞]
The Formal Expressions
正式场合表达法
Your work is falling short of my expectations. I don't think you should forget your responsibility.
你的工作真令我失望,我认为你不该忘了自己的职责。
The result has certainly come short of what I expected.
这个结果确实令我大失所望。
I must say I had hoped to meet your manager.
我得说我原希望见你们经理的。
I have to say I'm very disappointed. It was supposed to be ready last week.
我得说我很失望。这件事上星期就应该做好的。
To my great disappointment, they changed their mind and called off the negotiations.
令我大失所望的是,他们改变了主意,中止了谈判。
It is regrettable that we've missed the chance to cooperate with your company.
很遗憾,我们失去了与贵公司合作的机会。
We have held up our company in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain. Today we have to declare bankruptcy.
每每有一线希望,我们就支撑着公司的运作,但是这一切都是徒劳的。今天,我们不得不宣布破产。
We can only regret that, contrary to historical facts and the essential principles of the Charter of the United Nations, we had to fight so long to achieve this. This again confirms the fact that the Charter, with its principles and purposes may not be infringed.
我们只是感到遗憾,我们不得不为达到此目标而长期奋战,这有悖于史实及《联合国宪章》的基本原则。这进一步证明,《联合国宪章》及其原则与目标是不该受到侵犯的。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:1'04〞]
Dialogue
对话
A: You went to see the drama yesterday, didn't you? How was it?
你昨天去看话剧了,是吗?怎么样啊?
B: It wasn't worth seeing. I didn't understand what they were talking about.
不值一看。我不明白他们在说什么。
A: It was said to be a wonderful drama produced in cooperation with people from Hong Kong, Japan, and Korea.
据说这是一部与中国香港、日本及韩国成功合作而成的话剧。
B: That's the reason why I could hardly understand it. Sometimes they spoke Mandarin, sometimes Cantonese, sometimes Japanese, and sometimes Korean. What a mess!
正因为如此,我才看不懂。他们一会儿说普通话,一会儿说广州话,一会儿说日语,一会儿又说韩语,真是一团糟!
A: How interesting! I was hoping for a chance to enjoy the drama. But I had to prepare for an examination.
那多有意思啊!我原本指望有机会去看的,但是我得准备考试。
B: Luckily you didn't. It was a waste of time. I could have read more books at home.
幸亏你没去。那是浪费时间。我本可以在家多看些书的。
Sentence Structure
增值句型
[句型1]
that引导的从句
I was hoping... +
to引导的动词不定式
例:I was hoping that you would stay with us for Christmas.
我本希望你能同我们一起过圣诞节的。
Oh, dear, I was hoping to see him.
哦,天哪!我原希望见到他本人的。
[句型2]
that引导的从句
I had expected... +
宾语 + to引导的动词不定式
例:I had expected that the boss would raise my pay.
我原以为老板会给我加薪。
I must say I had expected her to help us.
我得说,我原指望她能帮助我们的。
[句型3]
I didn't expect... + that引导的从句
例:I didn't expect that he should have failed.
没想到他会失败。
[句型4]
I had been so much looking forward to... + 名词性短语
例:I had been so much looking forward to a wonderful party.
我原来是多么地盼望一场精彩的晚会啊!
[句型5]
I'm disappointed/dissatisfied... + 介词with引导的短语
例:I'm disappointed with my job.
我对自己的工作很失望。
Useful Phrases
表达口头禅
It's a real pity!
真的很可惜!
What a disappointment!
太叫人失望了!
I don't think much of his idea.
我觉得他的主意并不高明。
Just our luck!
真是倒霉!
Oh, no! It can't be true.
哦,不!这不是真的。
I've never felt so let down before.
我以前从未这样失望过