第八招 犹豫的你
- 上一课
- 下一课
- 下载
- 报错
第八招 犹豫的你
Hesitation
鱼和熊掌的故事时常在周围上演,考验我们该如何选择。其实,犹豫有时也不是坏事,它至少说明我们有选择的机会和权利。学会如何表达你的心事,你会得到意想不到的收获。
Key Words
关键词
doubt, consider, decide, decision, depend, hesitation, hesitate, pause, think, uncertain, unsure
The Most Common Expressions
最常用表达法
It all depends.
视情况而定。
I'm not sure. Could be.
我说不准,可能是吧。
It's up in the air.
尚未确定。
I haven't decided yet.
我还没决定。
If you were I, what would you do?
如果你是我,你会怎么做?
It's difficult to say. Let me think it over.
很难说,让我仔细想想。
I can't make a decision at this time. Let me sleep on it.
我现在无法做决定,让我考虑一下。
I find it hard to believe. It's too good to be true. Give me a couple of days to think about it, okay?
我觉得这难以置信,哪有这样的好事。给我几天时间考虑一下,好吗?
I'm still hesitating. I have to make a decision before the end of this month. What would you do in my position?
我还在犹豫,这个月底之前我得做出决定。你处在我的处境会怎么办?
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:47〞]
The Informal Expressions
非正式场合表达法
I'm really stuck. Let me think about it for a moment.
我真是为难,让我想想看。
I am at a crossroads.
我面临抉择。
I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.
我进退两难。
You put me on the spot. I can't tell you off-hand now, I'm afraid.
你令我为难,恐怕我不能马上回答你。
I love the style of this dress. But don't you think the color is a little too loud for me? Do you think I should take it?
我非常喜欢这件衣服的款式,但你不认为这颜色对我来说太花哨了吗?你看我该不该买下它?
That's it. I'm quitting, but how soon can I find another job? Maybe I should stick it out until I find something better.
决定了。我不干了……但要多久我才能找到另一个工作?也许我该撑到我找到一份更好的工作。
It's not the right time to quit my job, if I think about my future. Anyway, I think I should wait to quit until after I get my bonus.
假如我考虑一下我的将来,现在并不是我辞职的恰当时机。无论如何,我认为我该等到领了年终奖金后再走。
I can't get a job in that company if I haven't got the experience and I can't get the experience if I haven't got a job in that company. It's a Catch-22. What would you do if you were in my shoes?
如果我没有经验,就不能在那个公司工作;可是如果我不在那个公司工作,就得不到那种经验。这可真让人为难啊。你要是处在我的情形会怎么办?
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:56〞]
The Formal Expressions
正式场合表达法
It's difficult for me to give an opinion on this right away.
很难立即发表意见。
I'm afraid I can't comment on this issue.
恐怕我不能对此问题加以评论。
The decision is not mine. Please give me some time for consultation.
决定权不在我,请给我些时间商量商量。
We need a little more time to consider the contract, since there are still a few points that we haven't settled yet. We'd like to talk about them a little more.
我们需要再花一些时间来考虑这个合约,因为我们还有几点尚未决定,想再讨论一下。
This isn't the kind of question that one can answer off the cuff. Can I answer it later? I need to look it up.
这可不是那种可以随口回答的问题,我可以先不回答吗?我要先找到答-案再告诉你。
It is impossible for me to give you a definite answer now, since this is a serious question and I don't have the authority to decide on this alone. However, I'll give you an answer at our next meeting.
因为这问题非同小可,况且我一个人无权作决定,我现在无法给您一个明确的答复,等到下次见面时再答复您。
I confess that I do not entirely approve of your point of view at present. I'll need to think about it some more. In the past I've changed my opinions on some important issues. I find that the older I get the more willing I am to change my mind.
我承认,我目前不完全同意你的观点,我需要对这个问题再加考虑。以往,我也曾在一些重大问题上改变自己的观点。 我发觉,随着年龄的增长,我越来越愿意改变自己的想法。
[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:1'11〞]
Dialogue
对话
A: You look gloomy this morning. What's the matter?
你今天早晨看上去心情很不好,怎么回事?
B: I'm thinking of dropping out.
我在考虑辍学。
A: You're not serious, are you?
你在开玩笑吧?
B: Yes, I am. I don't think I can handle everything all at once. Though my husband has been helping me a lot, with his promotion last month, he has to travel a lot. And I have to take my mother to hospital twice a week. Plus, I don't spend time with my kids anymore. It's a crazy life.
不,我是认真的。我想我没办法同时应付这么多事情。虽说我丈夫帮了我很多忙,但自从他上月获晋升后,他需要常常出差。另外,我还要一周两次带我妈妈上医院。我都没有时间陪我的小孩了。我的生活都乱套了。
A: But I thought you always wanted to finish college. Why back down now?
可你一直都盼望着完成大学学业。你怎么会现在放弃呢?
B: Yes, I did. And I still do. You don't know how much I enjoy my college life. But I'm afraid I can't live like this any longer. What would you do if you were in my shoes?
你说的对,我如今还是想完成学业,你不知道我有多喜欢现在的学校生活。但我怕我无法这样继续下去。如果你处于我的位置,你会怎样呢?
A: I would definitely stick with it. You've got to think this through carefully. You've worked on your degree for so long and you are only one year away from graduating. Come on. Don't give up.
我当然会坚持下去。你得认真想想这事。你已经为此奋斗了这么长时间,而且你还有一年就毕业了。真的,你不能放弃。
B: I don't know. I have to think this over.
我也想不通。我还得再想想。
Sentence Structure
增值句型
[句型1]
I've been giving a good bit of thought to... + 名词性短语
例:I've been giving a good bit of thought to accepting your proposal.
我一直在考虑接受你的提议。
[句型2]
I've been considering... + 名词性短语
例:I've been considering changing my job.
我一直在考虑跳槽。
[句型3]
It looks as if I might... + 动词短语
例:It looks as if I might take your advice.
看来我似乎该采纳你的建议。
[句型4
Perhaps it's better... + to引导的动词不定式
例:Perhaps it's better to give it up right now.
也许现在就放弃会比较好。
[句型5]
I wonder if I might... + 动词短语
例:I wonder if I might ask you to do me a favor.
我不知道是否可以请您帮我一个忙。
[句型6]
I'm hesitant about... + 名词性短语
例:I'm hesitant about making decisions.
我做决定时总是犹豫不决。
Useful Phrases
表达口头禅
I'm not so certain.
我还不十分确定。
I can't make up my mind.
我下不了决心。
I can't say for sure.
我也说不准。
I really can't tell.
我确实说不准。
There's some doubt in my mind.
我心存疑虑。
Hard to tell.
难说。
Well, it might be.
这个嘛,也有可能。
Perhaps so.
大概如此吧。