打印本文 打印本文 关闭窗口 关闭窗口
疯狂英语口语绝招-自我表达经典第1课在线学习第一招 自信的你
作者:未知  文章来源:互联网  点击数  更新时间:2008-09-30 21:29:28  文章录入:admin  责任编辑:admin

第一招 自信的你

第一招 自信的你
Confidence

电影艺术大师查理•卓别林说,“人必须相信自己,这是成功的秘诀”(You have to believe in yourself. That is the secret of success.)。挪威剧作家易卜生也说过,“如果你怀疑自己,那么你的立足点确实不稳固了” ( If you doubt yourself, then indeed you stand on shaky ground.)。自信,建立在实力的基础上。学习英语更是与自信密不可分,没有自信,你只能原地踏步。从一言一行做起,充分给大家展示一个自信的你吧!

Key Words
关键词

absolutely, certain, certainty, convince, conviction, definitely, positive, sure, undoubtedly


The Most Common Expressions
最常用表达法

I have no doubt about it. 我对此深信不疑。
I judge her to be at most 18.我断定她最多不过18岁。Undoubtedly, Gladiator is the most successful film of the year.毫无疑问,《角斗士》是本年度最成功的影片。

I think I'm quite fit for this post.
我认为我非常适合这个职位。

I'm sure you'll love my idea.
我确信你会喜欢我的主意的。

I'm absolutely sure about the feasibility of this plan.
我绝对相信此项计划的可行性。

She is definitely not coming.
她绝对不会来。

I'm certain that she'll leave tomorrow.
我肯定她明天会走。

I'm positive that it's impossible to put into practice.
我肯定这样行不通。

[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:35〞]


The Informal Expressions
非正式场合表达法

I bet Manchester United will beat Newcastle this time.
我打赌纽卡斯尔队这回准输给曼联队。

It's definitely murder.
我断定这是谋杀。

I'm sure that at least 230 people were killed in the plane crash.
我断定在这次空难中,至少有230人死亡。

I bet she's not older than 20.
我敢肯定她不到20岁。

Judging by his accent, he must be a northerner.
从口音听得出来,他一定是北方人。

As far as I can judge, they're lost.
依我看,他们是迷路了。

I promise I'll be the best candidate for this job.
我保证我会是这份工作的最佳人选。

I work well under pressure. If others can do it so can I.
有压力我也能干好,别人能做到的,我就能做到。

You deserve to marry a capable and intelligent guy like me.
你就该嫁给一个像我这样精明能干的人。

[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:38〞]


The Formal Expression
正式场合表达法

You have to agree that we have been quite efficient so far.
你得承认,到目前为止,我们的效率还是很高的。

Your deduction is definitely unreasonable.
你的推论无疑是不合理的。

It goes without saying that the computer is one of the greatest inventions in human history.
不用说,电脑是人类历史上最伟大的发明之一。

I think you have to acknowledge that my article is well reasoned and the arguments are unassailable.
我想你得承认,我的文章论证周密,无懈可击。

I would like to stress my firm conviction that we shall soon be able to find a solution to the pending problems that prevent the implementation of these principles.
我坚信,对于那些阻碍这些原则得以贯彻实施的悬而未决的问题,我们很快就能够找到解决的途径。

You must admit this type of microwave will appeal to many professional women who are too busy to cook. And we are convinced that hi-tech products like this are the wave of the future.
你得承认,这一款微波炉对那些无暇做饭的职业女性很具吸引力。而且我们也深信,这一类高科技产品将会是未来的潮流趋势。

My education and experience have prepared me well for this job. In 1995, I received my MBA from MIT. For five years now, I have utilized my skills and knowledge as the Sales Manager for the ABC Company. With my hard work and remarkable achievements, I feel perfectly suited for this position.
我的学历和经验使我足以胜任此项工作。1995年,我从麻省理工学院获得企管硕士学位。这五年来,我凭借专业知识及技能担任ABC公司的销售经理。以我的敬业精神及卓越业绩,我认为我足以胜任这个职位。

As an IT engineer for four years, my technical background and work experience are my strengths. Also, I can communicate with foreign counterparts in English without difficulty, in both technical and business fields. I believe my educational background and work experience make me tailor-made for this post.
作为一名有四年经验的信息技术产业工程师,我的专业知识和工作经验是我的强项。另外,我能毫不费力地用英语与外国同行进行技术及业务交流。总而言之,我的学历和工作经验使我足以胜任这个职位。

[ 模仿最准确、发音最到位、速度最流利;“三最一口气”背诵记录时间:1'30〞]


Dialogue
对话

A: I've decided to become a journalist for an English language newspaper.
我决定做一名英文报社记者。
B: Really? But you haven't had any professional experience.
是吗?可你没有一点儿这方面的经验呀。
A: I've been teaching college English for three years. I think my English is quite good. What's more, I've always been interested in creative writing.
我已经教了三年大学英语,我想我的英文相当不错,况且我一直对创作很感兴趣。
B: Why don't you want to be a writer, then?
那你干嘛不当作家呢?
A: I'd like to be an overseas reporter some day.
我最希望的是有朝一日能够成为一名驻外记者。
B: That can be a rough job, you know.
要知道,那可是份苦差事。
A: Yes. But I enjoy adventure and excitement.
没错。但我喜欢冒险和刺激。
B: I think it would be a very good start for you.
我想,这对你是个很好的开始。
A: Yes. I'm positive that my dream will come true soon.
的确。我确信我的梦想很快就会实现。
B: I have no doubt about that. You can always do whatever you want.
我对此毫不怀疑,你想做的事,总是能做到。


Sentence Structures
增值句型

[句型1]

介词of引导的介词短语
I can assure you ... +
that引导的从句

例:I can assure you of my ability to make this all work out.
我向你们保证,我能办妥这件事情。
I can assure you that this medicine works perfectly.
我向你们保证,这种药非常有疗效。

[句型2]

介词of引导的介词短语
I'm fully confident ... +
that引导的从句

例:I'm fully confident of our success.
我对我们的成功信心十足。
I'm fully confident that I can overcome the difficulties.
我完全有信心克服困难。

[句型3]

介词of引导的介词短语
I'm convinced ... +
that引导的从句

例:I'm convinced of his innocence.
我深信他是无罪的。
I'm convinced that there will be a sharp increase in sales this year.
我深信今年的销量会猛增。

[句型4]

I have every confidence in that ... + 从句

例:I have every confidence in that this piece of news will make a stir among the public.
我很有信心,这条消息将引起轰动。

[句型5]

be bound to + 动词原型

例:It's bound to rain.
一定会下雨。
We are bound to make a hit.
我们一定会大获成功。


Useful Phrases
表达口头禅

You can be sure.
相信我,没错的。

There's no mistake about it.
毫无疑问。

You bet.
一定是这样。

Watch and see.
瞧着吧。

It can't be otherwise.
一定是这样的。

That's for sure.
绝对是这样。

Trust me.
相信我。

I know you will say yes.
我知道你会答应的。

Surely I won't let you down.
我当然不会让你失望。

打印本文 打印本文 关闭窗口 关闭窗口