Lesson31
- 上一课
- 下一课
- 下载
- 报错
PART 3:INTERMEDIATE DIALOGUES
中级对话
如果你把前一部分最基本的初级对话都掌握了的话,那就开始下一步的跋涉——进军中级对话吧。具有中级英语水平的人,也就具备了中级交流的能力。这一部分的对话涉及生活、工作和学习的点点滴滴,有发生在老朋友之间的,有同学之间、亲友之间的,有发生在同事之间的,也有上下级之间的。但不论场景如何变化,它们的共同点就是――交流。
1. I Can’t Believe My Eyes
我简直不能相信眼前的事实
A: I can’t believe my eyes!
我简直不能相信眼前的事实!
B: Well, if it isn’t Mike Li!
这不是迈克•李吗!
A: Jim Wang! It’s nice to see you again! It’s been a long time.
吉姆•王!见到你真是太高兴了!好久不见了。
B: You know, Mike, I’ve been meaning to call you for a long time. I’m so glad I ran into you today.
迈克,你知道吗,很久以来我一直想给你打电话。真高兴今天能遇到你。
A: Me, too. How have you been doing?
我也一样。你最近好吗?
B: Super. How about yourself?
很好。你呢?
A: Pretty good. I can’t complain.
不错,没什么可抱怨的。
B: So tell me, the last time I saw you, you were planning to go abroad to study, weren’t you?
快说来听听,我上一次见到你的时候,你正准备去出国留学呢,是不是?
A: Yes, I guess I was. But as it turned out, I changed my mind. I decided not to go after all.
是,我想是的。但现在有了变化,我最终还是决定不去了。
B: Oh, really? But if I remember correctly, you were intent on going to California. Whatever made you change your mind? I thought you were accepted to Stanford.
哦,是吗?如果我没记错的话,你当时是要去加利福尼亚。是什么使你改变主意的?我记得你是被斯坦福大学录取了。
A: Well, it’s a long story, and I don’t want to bore you with all the details. But what it boils down to is that I decided that going to Stanford wasn’t a very good idea. I decided to go to Beijing University instead. I want to save my money and start my own business after graduation.
说来话长。那些细节我就不赘述了。最后的结果是,我觉得去斯坦福读书不太明智。我打算去北大。这样,把钱省下来,毕业后可以自己开一家公司。
B: Really? That’s very interesting.
是吗?那很有趣嘛。
A: And how about you? The last time we talked, didn’t you tell me you were going to open your own restaurant and hotel?
你怎么样?上次我们聊的时候,你不是说要自己开个酒店吗?
B: That’s right. I was. But things turned out differently than I expected.
对呀,是有这么回事。但结果却和我预想的大不相同。
A: But you seemed so determined to do that. What happened?
可是你当时是决心很大的,发生了什么事呢?
B: Well, it’s very complicated, and I’m sure you don’t want to know all the details. But as it turned out, I decided that opening my restaurant just wasn’t for me. So I decided to stay at my old job instead.
说来复杂。我知道你不愿意听详细的个中原由。但结果却是,我觉得自己开饭店并不适合我,所以就决定留在原来的工作岗位。
A: Well, a lot sure has happened since we last saw each other.
是啊,从上次见面以来,真是发生了很多事。
B: You can say that again! You know, we should try to stay in touch.
你说得对!我们应该尽量保持联系。
A: Yes, we should. Let’s have lunch together sometime soon.
的确应该如此。我们最近找时间吃个午饭吧。
B: That’s a good idea. I’ll call you.
这主意不错。我到时候给你打电话。
A: OK. Take care now.
好吧。多保重。
B: You, too.
你也是。
口语要素
大家会发现,对话里面出现最多的是精彩的“口语要素”,其实,日常对话都是这些零零碎碎的“口语要素”组成的!一部英文电影又何尝不是成千上万“口语要素”的集合呢!
★ I can’t believe my eyes! 我简直不能相信眼前的事实!
举一反三:
* I can’t believe my ears! 真是让人难以置信!
* I can’t believe what I saw! 我不相信我的眼睛!
★ It’s nice to see you again! 又见到你真是太高兴了!
★ It’s been a long time. 好久不见了。
★ I’m so glad I ran into you today. 真高兴今天能遇到你。
★ How have you been doing? 你最近好吗?
★ How about yourself? 你呢?过得好吗?
★ Pretty good./ Super. / I can’t complain. 很好。/棒极了。/没什么可抱怨的。【经典回答】
★ I changed my mind. 我改变了主意。
★ I decided not to go after all. 我最终还是决定不去了。
★ Whatever made you change your mind? 是什么使你改变主意的?
★ It’s a long story. 说来话长。
★ You can say that again! 你说得对!
举一反三:
* You said it! 你说对了!
* I’ll say! 你说得对!
* You’re right! 你说得对!
★ I don’t want to bore you with all the details. 那些细节我就不赘述了。
★ I decided to go to Beijing University instead. 我最后决定去北大读书。
★ Really? 是吗?
★ That’s very interesting. 那很有趣嘛。
★ And how about you? 你怎么样?
★ What happened? 发生了什么事呢?
★ We should try to stay in touch. 我们应该尽量保持联系。
举一反三:
* We should keep in touch. 我们应该保持联系。
* We should contact each other more often. 我们应该多多联系。
* We should keep each other informed. 我们应该保持联系。
* We should get together more often. 我们应该多多联系。
★ Let’s have lunch together sometime soon. 我们最近找时间吃个午饭吧。
【疯狂提示】
这是一个典型的结束此类谈话的方式。如果有一个外国人到谈话的末尾对你说出这句话,要谨记两点:第一,不要追问确切的“一起吃午饭”的时间,第二,不要苦苦地等待那顿“不花钱的午餐”。如果对方出于诚意,他会这样说:Let’s have lunch together next Monday, OK?
★ That’s a good idea. 这主意不错。
★ I’ll call you. 我到时候给你打电话。
★ Take care now. 多保重。
超级短语
run into 碰到,遇到,邂逅
turn out 结果
after all 最终;毕竟
be intent on 决心要做;对某事专心致志
boil down to 等于;归结为
a lot sure has happened 变化很大
stay in touch 保持联系
超级句型:
① Well, if it isn’t somebody! 哟,这不是某某某吗!
Well, if it isn’t Mike Li!
这不是迈克•李吗!
【疯狂提示】这是一个引起谈话的重要句型,也是扯闲话的经典开端!
② What it boils down to 简单说来
What it boils down to is that I decided that going to Stanford wasn’t a very good idea.
简单说来,我觉得去斯坦福读书不太明智。
举一反三:
* The matter of fact is that going to Stanford wasn’t a very good idea.
事实是,我觉得去斯坦福读书不太明智。
* As it turned out, going to Stanford wasn’t a very good idea.
最后的结果是,我觉得去斯坦福读书不太明智。
③ I’ve been meaning to 很久以来我一直想……
I’ve been meaning to call you for a long time.
很久以来我一直想给你打电话。
【疯狂提示】这是一个掩盖粗心、健忘及忙昏了头等等过失的最好的遮羞布!这是一个既体贴又体面但又不失虚伪的句型。一定要掌握它!
④ You seemed so determined to 你好像决心很大……
You seemed so determined to do that.
你当时是决心很大的。
⑤ If I remember correctly 如果我没记错的话
If I remember correctly, you were intent on going to California.
如果我没记错的话,你当时是要去加利福尼亚。
举一反三:
* If I remember correctly, you were intent on becoming a pilot.
如果我没记错的话,你当时想当个飞行员。
⑥ I thought 我原以为
I thought you were accepted to Stanford.
我记得你是被斯坦福大学录取了。
举一反三:
* I thought you were married.
我原以为你结婚了呢。
语法点滴
过去进行时:表示过去正在进行的动作
★ So tell me, the last time I saw you, you were planning to go to abroad to study, weren’t you?
快说来听听,我上一次见到你的时候,你正准备去出国留学呢,是不是?
举一反三:
* Last time I saw you, you were planning to become a musician.
上次我见你的时候,你正准备搞音乐呢。
一般过去时:表示过去发生的事情
★ As it turned out, I decided that opening my restaurant just wasn’t for me. So I decided to stay at my old job instead.
结果是,我觉得自己开饭店并不适合我。所以就决定留在原来的工作岗位。
★ That’s right. I was.
对呀。是有这么回事。
★ I thought you were accepted to Stanford.
我记得你是被斯坦福大学录取了。
举一反三:
* I thought you said you were going to take the boss’s place.
我以为你是说你要接替老板的职位呢。
精彩句子
★ I want to save my money and start my own business after graduation.
我想把钱省下来,毕业后可以自己开一家公司。
★ It’s very complicated, and I’m sure you don’t want to know all the details. 说来复杂。我知道你不愿意听详细的个中原由。
★ A lot sure has happened since we last saw each other.
从上次见面以来,我们都有不少变化。
发音精华
[i:] believe, seem, mean
[ei] complain, change, detail, save, graduation, complicated, stay
[ai] time, mind, decide, idea, try
[e] remember, correctly, intent, instead, restaurant, expect
[] 90度张嘴音glad, plan, last, happen, can’t
[],[],[] 短元音收小腹pretty, good, business, touch
李阳老师的话:与其囫囵吞枣,不如精雕细琢。将一段对话一步一步地消化掉,才是真正地掌握。这段话值得学习一个月。其实,一段对话中潜藏着巨大的宝藏!